UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TDMENEUF Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308519  
Subject: Re: bankruptcy?(long) Date: 8/30/2000 12:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
. Between us we pay out over 700.00/month on credit card minimums. I have talked with 4 different CCCS and they all say that with what I make and my situation that I should really consider bankruptcy. I have good credit and have always paid my bills. The problem is that if I pay them the lump sum every month then I will have no money for any kind of emergency. I have two old cars(87,90) and these will break down at some point. I don't use the cards but I can't pay more than the minimums and the minimums are causing me to use the cards for any bump in the road. I have evaluated all the options

Looking over your situation, especially the 4 CCCS's tells me that you have put a lot of thought and effort into this.

Filing Bankruptcy can be an emotionally devastating decision and it will follow you for some time (up to 10 years in some states)

I have been there, done that and would not wish the pain and anguish my husband and I went through on my worst enemy. I just want you to know that whatever decision you make, we are here to support you and there is another board here called Living Under Bankruptcy. http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=13213146&bid=113342

The people there have been through the process and can help you with any questions you might have about the procedures and bumps you might run into.

Deannda
If you can afford it, check with a lawyer about the laws in your state, if not, there is information on line and at your local library, free of charge
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement