UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: PayingFool Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 62026  
Subject: Re: Another 100 Posts and Still No Anwer Date: 2/21/2007 5:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
... can you point to a SINGLE post on any board by cheerio that proposes a solution to any of the problems he rails about?

No, because he's a grayling to me. I was only commenting on your demand for other solutions. To whom you made that demand was irrelevant to me.

Whenever anyone tries to engage in a dialog with cheerio, he ignores all comments but returns more incoherent banter.

That's why he's a grayling to me.

Its not a matter of a "bully tactic to shut down debate and silence criticism" but rather one of holding a dialog rather than a single sided rant.

Okay, if you say so. You did not figuratively cross your arms in a huffy sulk and sneeringly demand "So what's your solution?" when someone disagreed with you. You earnestly asked in an heartfelt effort to open a dialog with a known ranter. Even if all that is true, and you could reasonably expect a response, adding Proposal X to the discussion should not be a requirement for "holding a dialog" about Proposal A. Go ahead, talk about Proposal A. The absence of a Proposal X does not support Proposal A nor does it diminish arguments against Proposal A. Such a demand reminds one of the feeble "Well your Mama wears combat boots!" retort of last resort.

I happen to support private accounts - he doesn't. I provide information defending my position -- where are his (or your) counterpoints?...

I don't know where he keeps his counterpoints, nor do I care. As for myself, I have not shared my opinion one way or another, nor was it my intention to do so.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Implications of the Ballad of Ted Plotz
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement