UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: TMFMurph Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 70681  
Subject: Re: Romney is Brilliant! Date: 10/5/2012 8:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Hmmm, I wonder if this might not shed some light on my questions about who is involved, and what their biases might be, when it comes to enforcing the fool rules of conduct.

I don't really know, but I have certainly always been curious given the uneven and arbitrary decisions on what is ultimately allowed.

Hi B!

Perhaps a refresher course in what the various TMF designations do would be of help:

http://www.fool.com/community/community-team.aspx

So, as a Home Fool, my job is to do the following:

"Home Fools, as designated by the H icon, expand beyond the role of Welcome Guides by engaging and enriching the discussions. These Home Fools encourage high quality discussions; help maintain a welcome environment for all posters, and post interesting content."

Based upon my interactions with hundreds of Fools over the years,I think that I've generally done a decent job of living up to that charge.
Further, as a Home Fool, I have absolutely no input as to enforcing the rules of conduct or any other policy matters for TMF.

However, becoming a TMF'er does not cancel my rights of free speech.

The post I made simply pointed out what I thought was the somewhat humorous irony of what I perceived to be a bit of a double standard ( please note the smiley face at the end of my previous post ).

My objective was not to offend; rather to point out that there are always two sided to every story.

Cheers!
Murph
Home Fool
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement