UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: trader2012 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35361  
Subject: Re: Bond Offers a YTM of 522.5%! Date: 9/28/2012 3:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
... wonder how long this current drought is going to last. i am already looking at individual corp floating rates as possibly the next trade.

altstrat91,

Financial disaster is coming our way due to Bernanke's corrupting of the capital markets. (Like, what else is new, right? that a central banker would choose to depreciate his currency rather than end the good times for investors. Easy Al did it, and Helicopter Ben is following the same playbook.)

I'm absolutely sure what my next move will be, which is to get massively short just about anything. Nor am I worried about timing. The markets will ring a bell. They always do for them that haven't filled their ears with wax or blinded themselves so much they can't read a chart. But what I am having a hard time with is the exact set of rules by which I'm willing to trade.

I started on the project almost a year ago, but I haven't made much process for my keep being sucked back into buying bonds. (90 some new positions YTD.) I can either trade, or I can invest. But unless I go algo, I can't do both, for there being only so much time each day that I'm willing to devote to markets. But bonds have been so good to me that I'm reluctant to scale back my efforts to understand that market. Everyday, I see something new. Everyday, I find a new problem to explore. The puzzles are endless, even as profits have become harder to find. But in time, and likely before disaster strikes, I'll put something together, so that whatever I lose on the bond-side is more than offset by a new gig.

Charlie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Brookfield Asset Management
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement