UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Nomodebt Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: 0 BALANCE/HIGH APR Date: 6/20/2000 11:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We finally paid off one of my wife's credit cards and proud to say it now has a zero balance. The APR is high, 18%, and the card company will not reduce the APR. We threatened to close the account and they were ready to call our bluff and let us. We told them we will think about it. The truth is we need the available credit as an emergency backup for our first baby due in three weeks. Also, my wife's credit report is poor and she does not work. Needless to say, we could use a bit of experienced advice!?!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37021 of 308881
Subject: Re: 0 BALANCE/HIGH APR Date: 6/21/2000 2:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It really doesn't matter what the interest rate is if you keep a zero balance.

Keep the card for TRUE emergencies and try very hard to pay it off each month if you do have to use it.

Babies truly need very little besides the basics, so make sure that the emergency isn't something you THINK the baby has to have.

Utahtea

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement