UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308687  
Subject: 0% BT Date: 10/24/2002 8:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, through some weird state of good karma, I've gotten a 0% BT offer (the kind with a check, don't even have to actually BT it at all)

It's good for 6 months, transaction fee that can be covered (and then some) through either the interest saved if I BT to debt, or interest earned in a MM acct.

I've read through the fine print, all looks good.

Any pros/cons I may not be thinking of???

Thanks!!!

Cindy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: coolprash Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143681 of 308687
Subject: Re: 0% BT Date: 10/24/2002 8:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
discover offered it to me and I jumped at the offer. Isn't it nice to get an interest free loan for 6 months?

coolprash

Author: IndecisiveFool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143691 of 308687
Subject: Re: 0% BT Date: 10/24/2002 10:54 AM
It's good for 6 months, transaction fee that can be covered (and then some) through either the interest saved if I BT to debt, or interest earned in a MM acct.

I've read through the fine print, all looks good.

Any pros/cons I may not be thinking of???

Is the 0% for all transactions or just balance transfers and cash advances? Any new purchases on a card may not get the 0% rate, and therefore any monthly payments will go to the 0% portion of the card first until that part is paid off.

IF

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143744 of 308687
Subject: Re: 0% BT Date: 10/24/2002 7:06 PM
Is the 0% for all transactions or just balance transfers and cash advances? Any new purchases on a card may not get the 0% rate, and therefore any monthly payments will go to the 0% portion of the card first until that part is paid off.

IF

It's just for BT's, but I don't use the card for *anything* else - literally. It's my "Just in case they don't take Discover and for some completely off the wall reason my MasterCard is broken" Visa card.

This would be the only item on the card.

Cindy

Author: daisy4125 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143787 of 308687
Subject: Re: 0% BT Date: 10/25/2002 1:40 PM
They'll probably waive the transaction fee if you call on the phone despite having the BT check. That'd be handy if you were transferring debt; wouldn't work with the money market unless you wrote the check to cash/yourself.

On that note, just recently, Netbank, where I have a money market account, returned an AT&T BT check to me. They have a policy of not accepting credit card company checks. You might want to verify that where you hold a MMA.

Good luck.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement