Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
1. Could be.

2. It was only a month ago that bonds looked much better than the S&P. Not sure if this link adds the S&P.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=1y&s=PIGIX&l=on&...

3. Do you think we've hit our last European or US fiscal crisis?

4. It IS a good time to shorten the corporate duration IMO.

5. I've been wrong SO LONG about inflation I'm scared I'll never be right. Illogical I know, but five years is a LONG time to be wrong about inflation.

6. Bill Gross of Pimco sounds the same warning. Unfortunately the conclusion should result in both a bond and stock decline.

http://www.pimco.com/EN/Insights/Pages/Money-for-Nothin-Writ...
Investment conclusions
Investors should be alert to the longterm inflationary thrust of such check writing. While they are not likely to breathe fire in 2013, the inflationary dragons lurk in the “out” years towards which long-term bond yields are measured. You should avoid them and confine your maturities and bond durations to short/intermediate targets supported by Fed policies. In addition, be aware of PIMCO’s continued concerns about the increasing ineffectiveness of quantitative easing with regards to the real economy. Zero-bound interest rates, QE maneuvering, and “essentially costless” check writing destroy financial business models and stunt investment decisions which offer increasingly lower ROIs and ROEs. Purchases of “paper” shares as opposed to investments in tangible productive investment assets become the likely preferred corporate choice. Those purchases may be initially supportive of stock prices but ultimately constraining of true wealth creation and real economic growth. At some future point, risk assets – stocks, corporate and high yield bonds – must recognize the difference.

VH is probably NOT the place for this discussion (said AFTER I entered in ;-)

Bob
RYR Home Fool
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement