Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
1) Have both kids start out at a LOCAL community college for the first year or first two years. Make certain that they check the courses they take are 100% transferrable to a 4-year college.

2) Year 3-4 of post high school education can be completed at a LOCAL university where room and board are not necessary. If they really, really need to go to an out of city/out of state college for a specialty, tell them to get really, really good grades so they can get a scholarship.

It doesn't sound like either you nor they have enough money to go to an out of city college at this point. Taking out mega loans when it isn't necessary is just foolish.

My .02

Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.