UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CrackerJack99 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127808  
Subject: Re: Left Holding the Bag Date: 3/4/2008 5:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
1) Hopefully you still have enough contact with him to get him to sign all the paperwork to sell the place. If not then I don't see how you can sell it.

I'm not sure. He hasn't been responding to e-mail, but I think he is just ignoring us. My guess is that he would pop up if we let him know there was a potential sale. As far as signing a document, he has made it pretty clear that he isn't going to do anything that would simplify matters. In fact, he seems intent on making this as difficult as possible. Apparently, this is his way of punishing her.

2) When the house does sell it is likely that there will be any equity to get cash out of the closing?

No. The house is currently on the market for about $17,000 less than the purchase price, and we have no offers. If we did sell, which he claims to want at ANY cost, he would have to make good on back payments before we agreed to move forward.

Just to help clarify the type of individual we are dealing with, at the onset of this downward spiral, he told their mother that his goal was to "financially ruin her(my girlfriend, his sister) forever." Also, when this all began, my girlfriend was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. When he found out, through their father, his response was something to the effect of "Good, she deserved to get sick, she had it coming." He views it as a weakness that he can capitalize on.

CrackerJack
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement