No. of Recommendations: 1
1. To raise taxes on the top 2% of earners, while sparing the other 98%.

I'll give you that, however, taxes are going up on everyone via the payroll tax. Extending the payroll tax reduction will hasten the SS trust funds being drained and put further strain on that program. Then there's also the ACA that will add taxes.

2. To protect Social Security and Medicare from any cuts in benefits or eligibility.

So just let them ride and ignore the unsustainable growth and structural problems that exist with them? Please enlighten me on how that "protects" those programs?


Grape
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement