Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 12
Here's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I bought OSX on June 18 for $129 plus tax here in California. My local Apple store, name withheld to protect whomever, is a small store, run by Mac addicts. I buy from them to support what they do even if I can save a little online.

Tonight I stopped by and gave them a hard time about having to pay for the 10.2 release. They said they weren't happy about the situation either. To my surprise, they offered to sell me one of their upgrades for their cost. About $25US.

So, if you are willing to go for it, I suggest going for it. The worse they can say is no.

They also said that the Office 10 upgrade will be available soon for less than $150. May take them up on that too to upgrade my Office 2001. I haven't shopped for this one and don't know if it's a deal or not.

Three cheers for small business America!

Synchros
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Maybe you guys can see where is AAPL is headed if they continue in this direction. What's the % of people who installed MSFT OS or applications on PCs that have actually PAID for it? What actions led them to that mentality? The types of actions AAPL is starting to pull lately. This time discounts, next time free.

Tard
No. of Recommendations: 1
I posted this to our local UG last nite.. speaking of price cuts...

Tonight I found MS Office X Upgrade (CD & License) at Other World Computing for...

$99 + shipping...

Less than half of anywhere else I'd seen... Time to make the leap, I guess...

http://eshop.macsales.com/Item_XLR8YourMac.cfm?ID=4827&Item=MSF73100470UPG

I also see on deal-mac somone else has it for a dollar less... About time!!

I'll also post this as a new thread so maybe some won't miss it..

weco
Advertisement