Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have read a few posts in the past few days dealing with a 1099-G form that should accompany your state tax refund (if applicable). The trouble is, I've received state refunds every year I've filed and have never received a 1099-G, although I've never itemized deductions. Should I expect a 1099-G form to accompany my state tax refund the year after I itemize my deductions (i.e. if I begin itemizing my deductions in 2001, should I expect a 1099-G form in 2002?)

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.