Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm almost done with our taxes and now realize that Vanguard has mis-reported an IRA move. The money went directly from Vanguard to Colorado PERA to reinstate years for me(This was putting the money back after I returned to state employment). The 1099-R I have has 01 in Box 7. If I read the back of the form correctly, it should have had an H in the box.

Am I right ? What should I do ? I sent an email to Vanguard and I'll call them this week. This is $35K that the government's going to expect 31% of if this doesn't get cleared up. I also printed the page from my PERA account that shows the money going back in.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.