UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PuddinHead42 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8740  
Subject: 11 Sleep Well At Night REITS Date: 11/17/2012 5:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
From some "newsletter" ad sent from Forbes. Just wanted to check it out and post. I have no comment on them either way.

you can read details by giving up an e-mail address. I have a collection of junk addresses I use for this junk.

http://nct.newsletters.forbes.com/fulfill/0165.805

FRT 2.8% Federal Realty

HCP is a fully integrated REIT that invests primarily in real estate serving the health care industry in the United
States 4.5%

Universal Health Realty is a REIT that invests in health care and human service related facilities, including acute
care hospitals, behavioral health care facilities, rehabilitation hospitals, sub-acute care facilities, surgery centers, childcare
centers and medical office buildings. UHT 5.2%

National Retail Properties is a triple-net REIT that invests in single-tenant retail properties generally subject to
long-term, net leases. National Retail is one of only 104 of the more than 10,000 publicly-traded companies that
have increased annual dividends for 23 or more consecutive years. NNN 5.1%

Tanger Factory Outlet Centers is a publicly-traded REIT headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina that
operates and owns, or has an ownership interest in, a portfolio of 39 upscale outlet shopping centers in 25 states
coast to coast and in Canada, totaling approximately 11.9 million square feet leased to close to 2,500 stores
operated by more than 435 different brand name companies SKT 2.6%

Essex Property Trust, an S&P 400 company, is a fully integrated REIT that acquires, develops, redevelops and
manages multifamily residential properties in selected West Coast markets ESS 3.1%

Realty Income is a REIT dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. As of June 30,
2012 it had paid 503 consecutive monthly dividends throughout its 43-year operating history O 4.8% (I have seen this mentioned on the board a number of times)

Urstadt Biddle Properties is a self-administered equity REIT that owns or has equity interests in 54 properties
containing approximately 4.9 million square feet of space. Publicly traded on the NYSE since 1970, Urstadt
Biddle has paid 171 consecutive quarters of uninterrupted dividends to its shareholders since its inception (in
1969) and raised its dividend to its shareholders for the last 18 consecutive years. UBA 5.3%

Founded in 1973 and publicly listed since 1998, W. P. Carey is a leading global real estate firm specializing in
sale/leaseback investments of corporate-owned real estate worldwide WPC 5.5%

National Health Investors specializes in the financing of health care real estate by purchase and leaseback
transactions and by mortgage loans NHI 5%

Omega Healthcare Investors is a REIT that invests in and provides financing to the long-term care industry OHI 7.9%
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7638 of 8740
Subject: Re: 11 Sleep Well At Night REITS Date: 11/17/2012 5:43 PM
Recommendations: 0
you can read details by giving up an e-mail address

There's a REIT board here at the Motley Fool for those who are interested in REITs:
http://boards.fool.com/real-estate-inv-trusts-reits-100061.a...

We own WRE, DRE & UDR. We enjoy the payout.

Author: BruceCM Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7644 of 8740
Subject: Re: 11 Sleep Well At Night REITS Date: 11/18/2012 12:50 AM
Recommendations: 0
Puddin
Good pickin
I've held all of these, except OHI and WPC for several years. They all had good fundamentals then, they have good fundamentals now.

A couple of others who have held up, albeit with a bit more risk...
VTR (NHP), LTC and HCN in health services, TCO in retail and PSA in storage.

BruceM

Author: PuddinHead42 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7648 of 8740
Subject: Re: 11 Sleep Well At Night REITS Date: 11/18/2012 5:50 PM
Recommendations: 3
http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?WRE,DRE,...

Current Yield
wre 4.9%
dre 5.3%
udr 3.9%
vtr 3.9%
ltc 5.9
hcn 5%
tco 2.5%
psa 0.8%

I have these (below) on a watch list because they are REITs for data centers, which I believe are a growing industry (e.g. "the cloud") They save companies lots of money by consolidating and efficiently managing computer and data services. I am glad this thread made me revisit them as the recent market sell off has brought up their yields. I need to re-research them, it has been a while.
http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candleglance.html?cor,dft,...

cor 3.2
dft 2.9%
dlr 4.7

CoreSite Realty Corporation engages in the ownership, acquisition, construction, and management of data centers. The data centers are specialized and secure buildings that house networking, storage, and communications technology infrastructure, including servers, storage devices, switches, routers, and fiber optic transmission equipment.

The company is qualified as a real estate investment trust (REIT)

Digital Realty Trust, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), through its controlling interest in Digital Realty Trust, L.P., engages in the ownership, acquisition, development, redevelopment, and management of technology-related real estate. It focuses on strategically located properties containing applications and operations critical to the day-to-day operations of technology industry tenants and corporate enterprise datacenter users, including the information technology departments of Fortune 1000 companies, and financial services companies.

DuPont Fabros Technology, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the ownership, acquisition, development, operation, management, and lease of large-scale data center facilities in the United States. The company leases its data centers to the American and international technology companies to house, power, and cool the computer servers that support their critical business processes. It also provides certain technical services to tenants, including layout design and installation of electrical power circuits, data cabling, server cabinets and racks, computer room airflow analyses, and monitoring.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement