Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dstnewman Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6918  
Subject: Re: Taking Down Position Short-Term Date: 5/14/2008 12:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
12.90 is going to be a large point of resistance, I agree.

What I would consider though is that the fact that the current trading price (12.13 as I type this) is above the 20, 50, and 100 day moving average as well as outside of the Bollinger Bands.

If the merger was to close while these conditions are present, you may see a large pop in the stock price as many of the selling pressures (50 and 100 day SMA) have already been covered. This means that it could easily pop to the recent hights of $16 and above. This would represent a 25% run up in the stocks.

Sirius on the otherhand, is above the 20 and 50 day moving averages, but still moderately below the 100 day SMA (2.96) and upper BBands (3.18). This could provide some resistance, though the next technical resistance spot is around $3.18. Given the 4.6 trade ratio for the merger, this would mean that XM could feel some resistance as well at around $14.63.

As my trading theory goes, I am going to assume that Sirius will blow past the 100 SMA and upper BBand limit on the news of approval, and could very well run up to the next resistance of $3.50, which would indicate a potential upward swing of nearly 24%. At 3.50, XM shares would calculate out to 16.10 per share. The short squeeze may push shares up further, but I am not counting on that. If so, it could add another 8% to Sirius pushing it towards the recent high of 3.83, realizing almost a 33% gain. Hard to see, but it is a possibility.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement