Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PicsouFool Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22  
Subject: 1.5 million WoW paying customers in China ! Date: 7/20/2005 2:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello,

Good news from Blizzard for The9 Inc shareholders :

Blizzard Entertainment®, Inc. today announced that World of Warcraft®, its subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), has surpassed 1.5 million paying customers in China - just a month following the game's commercial launch on June 7, 2005. The critically acclaimed World of Warcraft has now achieved another significant milestone as the largest MMORPG in the world, with more than 3.5 million global customers.

Here is the full press release at Blizzard.com : http://www.blizzard.com/press/050720.shtml

Anyone following The9 Inc ?

PicsouFool

Print the post Back To Top
Author: mafenn One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 22
Subject: Re: 1.5 million WoW paying customers in China ! Date: 7/20/2005 3:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi - I recently bought only 100 shares of this and the same of SNDA - prepared to wait awhile with both and may add here and there. Thanks for the post.

Author: PicsouFool Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 22
Subject: Re: 1.5 million WoW paying customers in China ! Date: 7/27/2005 8:55 AM
I bought more shares too, at what i consider a fair price (mid twenties), also excellent for an entry point.

With 1.5 million paying customers, i did some basic maths, and here are my price targets :

- short term : $32.00/share (market cap at 775M)
- 3/6 months : 40.00$/share (market cap at around 1B)

I'm waiting for more datas/numbers in order to compute a price target for 2006 and over.

Just my 2 cents of course.

PicsouFool

Author: mafenn One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 22
Subject: Re: 1.5 million WoW paying customers in China ! Date: 7/27/2005 9:46 AM
Sure glad there is another Fool out there!

Author: bsteiner100 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 22
Subject: Re: 1.5 million WoW paying customers in China ! Date: 11/15/2005 8:29 AM
Ironic that when losing money this stock was in the mid twenties and now that NCTY has turned a very nice 3d quarter profit and, more significantly, dealt serious damage to main rivals SNDA and NTES grabbing an enormous share of the online gaming market in China with World of Warcraft, stock falls to $16.

I will stay in for the time being to see what it is that's driving the rain dance. I'm hoping that it's a sector correction and that NCTY will outshine SNDA and NTES as a stock that merits more attention due to the persistent and growing popularity of it's killer product, WoW.

It really only takes one very good product to make a company shine...but they are working on others too. Future earnings look very good too.

Thoughts!

Author: internetguy Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 22
Subject: Re: 1.5 million WoW paying customers in China ! Date: 12/14/2005 7:53 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051213/cntu018.html?.v=1

Some news on a new exclusive deal for China. Soul of The Ultimate Nation(TM) ('SUN') I don't know anything about the game but if it is a good game it should take some of pressure of the "one hit wonder" motif. In general the entire sector should be doing well but possible gov't restrictions are unpredictable and a bit of a worry.

Does anyone know if NCTY has alrady moved into mobile games (Java or Flash Lite?)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement