Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: freespirit317 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 948  
Subject: 16 years sober Date: 3/6/2004 11:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
V---Seems to be a little lonely on this board. Allways nice to have someone who understands your situation to talk with. I will monitor this site hoping to hear from you. keep up the good work. I know tough it is to stop. I can tell you that the rewards are well worth the effort

True knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance............
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DoIExist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 837 of 948
Subject: Re: 16 years sober Date: 3/6/2004 12:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
16 years?! flaming hell.......
Its not lonely on this board, its quiet, I kinda like it as I can be as big a pain as I want to be, you are welcome to visit here, just beware I am not always at my friendliest here.

~V~

Author: DoIExist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 838 of 948
Subject: Re: 16 years sober Date: 3/6/2004 12:26 PM
I think this board is good as we don't have to do the warm and fuzzy stuff, we just post and to heck with the consequences its safe and you can say whatever you like without any worries

~V~

Author: freespirit317 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 839 of 948
Subject: Re: 16 years sober Date: 3/7/2004 5:23 AM
V
Sorry I did not get back to you yesterday, got caught up in the income tax B.S. I will try to make this board a little less lonely. As for the warm and fuzzy stuff you can get that from your mother...there is nothing warm and fuzzy about being sober!!!You are forced to meet reality head on (and if you were like me you hadn't seen reality in a while)
You know looking back it was a lot more difficult to stop smoking than it was to stop the drinking. I guess I have given up just about everything I enjoyed at that time. Getting old Sucks!!!!!!!!
Well my friend I must be off to my morning work out.(at least I do not have to look and think old)
Check in when i get back.
I used to ;think i chould type.........

Author: DoIExist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 840 of 948
Subject: Re: 16 years sober Date: 3/7/2004 6:34 AM
Sorry I did not get back to you yesterda

I would not worry, people come and go here all the time

You know looking back it was a lot more difficult to stop smoking than it was to stop the drinking

Good job I never started to smoke then

~V~

Author: freespirit317 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 841 of 948
Subject: Re: 16 years sober Date: 3/7/2004 11:54 AM
HAY V I'm back

I have been looking for a place to kinda hang out anyway. Seems like the other boards I looked at all seem to be engaged in some sort of politics and name calling BS. never could figure out those kind of
people,so I dont try anymore..

How are you doing today? Do you have any support from friends or family??It is hard to make it on your own..Week ends can be real hard.

After so many years I can still drive by a liquor store and check my pocket to see if I have the price of a bottle!!!!!!!!!!Then I just smile and go on my way but the thought was still there weird hugh..

well heres back atcha Hope your day goes real well.

freespirit317

Author: DoIExist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 842 of 948
Subject: Re: 16 years sober Date: 3/8/2004 6:18 AM
I have been looking for a place to kinda hang out anyway. Seems like the other boards I looked at all seem to be engaged in some sort of politics and name calling BS. never could figure out those kind of
people,so I dont try anymore..

Most boards are not safe, I only post on safe ones

Week ends can be real hard

They can, I am glad its the week, nothing to worry about right now

~V~

Author: freespirit317 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 843 of 948
Subject: Re: 16 years sober Date: 3/10/2004 5:18 PM
Hi---mr.V
There is nothing like a safe board. I just Observe on the other boards seems like there a lot of people who nothing else to do but jump in with their two cents worth and really most of ;the time they don't know what they are talking about. It sure does spoil trying to gain some information and some jerk running his/hers mouth.

Well so much for the idiots of the world. How have you been doing?
Sure was glad to hear you have an easy time during the week. I was a functional alcholic i could drink any time and still make a good living.
weekends i could just drink more.
I found help in staying real busy,did the lawn three times a week and so on.(neighbors hated me.)

I guess being able to keep my mind occupied helped me forget the craving for a drink. No i didn't have a drink i would have a whole bottle!!!!

Well let me hear form you.

Author: freespirit317 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 844 of 948
Subject: Re: 16 years sober Date: 3/15/2004 10:44 AM
Hay Mr. V

are you out there??????????

Author: DoIExist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 845 of 948
Subject: Re: 16 years sober Date: 3/15/2004 1:38 PM
Recommendations: 0
Its Miss V, and I am sure you must know that!!

~V~

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement