Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
my wife and I make 80K/yr. She was not eligible for
401 K contribution with her company last year(1997)

I contributed to 401K.

Is there any way she make a TAx deductible IRA contribution for 1997?

I know that the rules have been changed for 1998
( < 150K and one spouse not eligible etc.).

Thanks for your time.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.