Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JJMSpartan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 202334  
Subject: 2 days and still loving it... Date: 7/2/2007 12:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 29
I've had the iPhone in my hands and using it pretty much non-stop for the last few days, and all I can say is WOW... There are a few minor things I'd like to see cleaned up, but it's about 98% awesome, 2% frustrating. Damn good ratio for a 1st gen device in it's 2nd day since release.

It only gets better with the more things I learn. I found out today (maybe I already had heard this, but it jumped out at me) that if I have someone's address in my contacts, if i tap on it, it takes me to the google map for their address. Then with about 2 more taps, I have driving directions to their house from mine. Way cool.

I also have seen that Google Maps works for addresses in Canada and Europe. They did not work for a few addresses in Mexico, but that's not surprising based on the lack of any on-line street-level maps for Mexico.

I'm still not fast at using the virtual keyboard. I'm getting faster, but I'm still much faster using a full-size keyboard.

My Plantronics bluetooth headset had no issues with pairing to the phone. Sounded great making calls too. Haven't tested the range yet, but it has to be better than my RAZR was (that would drop signal when 2 feet away).

Not sure about the quality of the phone when using the apple earbuds. Sounds a little hollow. Sounds great when I put the phone up to my ear. Speakerphone could use a bit more volume.

Definitely would like a week view for the calendar. Otherwise, it looks great.

I'd like to be able to sort my stocks in the stock applet. It's a minor inconvenience that should be easy to correct.

The calendar icon on the home page shows the correct date and weekday, but the weather icon does not show the correct temp.

I've found that resetting the iPhone has cured a few minor things I thought might be bugs (Safari crashing, hesitation in switching from portrait to landscape). I haven't yet tried the iPod while surfing after resetting the phone. Tomorrow.

I might have to play with settings in gmail. iPhone downloads all my messages, but it doesn't sync back to the server when I've read or deleted a message. Maybe it simply won't do that. Of course I could always just use webmail, but where's the fun in that?

Interesting item - when you go to a page with quicktime video and click on it, it opens in widescreen / fullscreen mode on the iPhone. Looks just like watching a movie or youtube with the same controls.

This is still by far the coolest device I've ever owned. I'm just waiting to see the parade of people at my desk tomorrow wanting to touch and hold the goodness that it my iPhone. I doubt that any will be disappointed in it.

Time for sleep. This thing is still way cool...

Sparty
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Nu Skin Showing its Age?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement