Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
2. In my 2004 taxes I did not report any Roth IRA withdrawal as it was the excess contributions that were withdrawn before turning in the taxes.

Sorry I just checked my return and I did report $504 in 1040-16(a) & $104 in 1040-16(b).

I guess my question is - I reported them in my 2004 taxes because you can withdraw them before filing taxes without penalty. Last yr I did not get a 1099-R from my broker

Now I have a 1099-R for 2005 but I shouldn't have received it right? Do I need to report it again and will I be audited my not including one of my 1099's? What is the correct thing to do?

Thanks again
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.