Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Will there a place to deduct Roth IRA contributions on the 2002 Forms
or would AGI mean for instance:
Single person's salary $14,500, Interest and dividends $ 500,
= AGI $15,000.
Tax Liability Estimated on $15,000 - STD Ded. $4,700 - Exemp. $3,000,
taxable $7,300 @ 15% - $300 = $795.
$ 2,000 contribution to a (Roth) IRA = up to $1,000 tax credit
= $795 tax is wiped out.
Or could it be:
Salary $16,500, Interest & Dividends $500 = $17,000
less $2,000 Roth IRA Contribution = $15,000 with the same result
as above?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.