Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cactusadam Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: 2002 Tax tables Date: 2/5/2002 10:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This question is in relation to tax withholding estimation for next year: would we need a new set of tax tables for 2002 in order to determine what our taxes will be next year? Or are they supposed to remain the same? I want to change my paycheck withholding, but it's hard without an accurate set of tax tables.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: azavoy Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58268 of 121061
Subject: Re: 2002 Tax tables Date: 2/5/2002 10:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A good resource for tinkering with different withholding scenarios for the upcoming year is at the IRS' own site. They have a "withholding calculator" that let's you plug in different 'what-if situations' to see how it impacts your tax liability (i.e., what if I contributed X dollars to an IRA, etc.)

As presented in the IRS' own words...

A new Withholding Calculator is now available. This Withholding Calculator reflects the change in the income tax rates on individuals that began on July 1, 2001. It can help you figure your Federal income tax withholding so your employer can withhold the correct amount from your pay.

To check it out, cut and paste the following link into your browser:

http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/display/0,,i1%3D5%26genericId%3D14807,00.html

Enjoy!

Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58275 of 121061
Subject: Re: 2002 Tax tables Date: 2/5/2002 11:29 AM
Recommendations: 1
Or are they supposed to remain the same?

They never stay the same since they're indexed to inflation. The current year's tax rate schedules, as well as the amounts for standard deduction and personal exemptions, are always available in the instructions for the 1040-ES.

Phil Marti

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement