Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dennis5062 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 120825  
Subject: 2003 tax witholding Date: 12/13/2002 8:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm changing jobsand am taking a rather large paycut. I am trying to get a realistic handle on my W4 witholding for next year's reduced income. Is there a place to run a 2003 witholding calculator or are there not enough tax changes to make the IRS 2002 calculator unreliable. Just figured I'm going to need to bring home as much doe as I can.......Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: irasmilo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62502 of 120825
Subject: Re: 2003 tax witholding Date: 12/13/2002 8:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The 2002 calculator should be good enough for a first analysis. Some of the indexed amounts (standard deduction, exemptions, tax bracket cut offs) will change in 2003, but not drastically. You can submit a new W-4 based on your preliminary calculations and then amend it once the new calculator is available.

Ira

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement