Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MarktFool Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 120  
Subject: 2006 Spinoffs Date: 5/29/2006 3:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hello? Anyone out there interested in spinoff stocks? I see some bargains in telecom spinoffs this year (EQ, WIN). Also, TMX has stated that it will spin off its cable division later this year. Anyone on the fool staff care to comment?

If there is no one interested, I guess TMF should close this board.

~ MarktFool
Print the post Back To Top
Author: doppelg36 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 120
Subject: Re: 2006 Spinoffs Date: 5/31/2006 1:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone out there interested in spinoff stocks?

I have had an interest in spinoffs ever since reading Joel Greenblatt's book "You can be a Stock Market Genius".

They seem like an opportunity that would be right up the fools' alley, I'm surprised that this board remains unused.

Author: 2Eyes Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 120
Subject: Re: 2006 Spinoffs Date: 6/25/2006 5:10 PM
I recently read Joel Greenblatt's book also, and wish to learn more. I found it fascinating and entertaining. I have a cursory understanding of accounting, but I don't know if I could recognize and analyze the spin-off opportunities that he talks about. Would love to try to make this a part of my investing.

He mentions reading the WSJ, or other resources, on a regular basis, for ideas, but I've never subscribed.

Opinions?

Author: DawdlingRamblr One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 120
Subject: Re: 2006 Spinoffs Date: 9/21/2006 10:08 PM
The Wall Street Journal is a good resource but you can also find a lot of spinoffs or potential spinoffs by using your favorite search engine, and there's no subscription required. Personally, I still subscribe to the Wall Street Journal but I get it at a student discount so it's relatively inexpensive. I doubt I would pay full price for it especially since I don't have time to read it every day. WSJ Online is nice b/c you can search through older articles, usually "spinoff" or spin off" returns some hits.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement