Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Diver4243 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 275  
Subject: 2006/2007 Mustangs Dealing? Date: 1/5/2007 5:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It's time to reward my wife for all of her years of hard work and
devotion and putting up with my stuff. The kids are mostly out of the
house now. The only thing she ever asked for was a Mustang, and then
sort of half-jokingly, but I know she's always wanted one. I'm going to
try to make it happen for her birthday in May. I was going to wait 2
years for her 50th but you never know how long you have with someone,
there have been health issues recently that scare me. Plus our second
car has almost 200k miles and is about to fall over for good and she's
often stuck driving that rat-mobile with the interior fabric hanging
down on her head since I have to travel a lot and use our 'good' car for
that, which is getting old too.

So I'm new at this, and have limited funds, I'm going to have to get
creative. What are my best options to pick up a new Mustang? I saw the incentives for the 2006's but missed them, there are no more in my area. She doesn't need something super-fast like the new shelby 500gt (good thing, at the over-msrp prices I'm seeing here!). She just is in love with the style.

I have the info from consumer reports as far as what the invoices prices are and how to negotiate from them. I'm not sure yet if I can do that for a vehicle ordered to spec or it has to be one from the lot.

Anyway, thanks for any help or suggestions.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 268 of 275
Subject: Re: 2006/2007 Mustangs Dealing? Date: 1/6/2007 2:22 PM
Recommendations: 1
Buy her a GT out of stock. She will love you forever :) Most of the goodies you want come with the GT package, and if you are going to buy a Mustang, why not a V8? I drove a rental V6 base Mustang in Florida, and I really missed my GT back home.

Richard

Author: Diver4243 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 269 of 275
Subject: Re: 2006/2007 Mustangs Dealing? Date: 3/28/2007 5:17 PM
Ok, I'm ready to order her GT. Turns out my employer has a nice deal with Ford so I'm getting a good price (I checked the consumer reports price service for all dealer invoice costs, holdbacks, etc). But now the current deals ($1,000 rebate + $645 customer bonus cash) run out on 4/2. Does anyone know what incentives Ford will offer on 4/3 going forward?

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 270 of 275
Subject: Re: 2006/2007 Mustangs Dealing? Date: 3/28/2007 7:22 PM
Ok, I'm ready to order her GT.

Whoa!! Hold up there Par'dner!! Afor'n y'all goes off and spends all'a them big $$'s on this 'ere new car, how 'bout y'all hire me to "test drive" this baby fer y'all first!!?? At a relatively cheap price even...Coupla beers and I'm all set. :-)

ßillƒ

Author: Diver4243 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 271 of 275
Subject: Re: 2006/2007 Mustangs Dealing? Date: 3/28/2007 8:28 PM
Recommendations: 1
heh, that's a Mustang GT Premium, not a "Ford GT". That latter one is way outta my price range!

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 272 of 275
Subject: Re: 2006/2007 Mustangs Dealing? Date: 3/29/2007 11:38 AM
I don't have a clue about what incentives will be offered later, but it wouldn't surprise me if they took a breather after this round to see how their sales hold up and what the competition is going to do. We are coming into the peak sales season, so the incentive to offer incentives is diminishing.

Hope she loves the ride!

Richard

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement