Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tranc3 CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 40  
Subject: 2007 Q2 Conference Call Date: 8/10/2007 11:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Vaalco has fallen 19% below the price I paid for it. I might have to sell it if it reaches 20%. Besides that fact, Vaalco remains a very good company. They have 72 million dollars in cash ready to be spent on ventures, operations, exploration, etc. The sell-off that has occured is PANIC SELLING!! I'm listening to the conference call right now, and my anxiety has been alleviated. This company has so many prospects for profit, it's ridiculous. They just signed a deal in the UK North Sea, and are quickly developing the Angola and Gabon rigs. They are also opening a new office in Rwanda. Besides the fact these countries have just come out of a civil war, I'm betting these countries have found some stability, enough to do business. I'm very confident that by the end of 2008, EGY will break out. This view is also shares by Vaalco Management. They have said in their conference call that 2008 will be the breakout year for Vaalco, and so be patient. The sell-off in stock is not warranted to the true value of this company. Their balance sheet is solid.

Stock buybacks - The stock is cheap! But the management only said they would consider it.

If any of you are looking for more risky plays in the international arena, Vaalco (EGY) is a sure bet, a more safer bet (balance sheet). The stock is cheaper than ever. Buy this Lexus for the price of a junker.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Berkshire Beyond Buffett Event
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement