Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: heenanstien Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121331  
Subject: 20k to invest for grandkids education Date: 1/19/2000 3:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have been given the responsibility by my mother in her trust to donate 20k for my granddaughter's college or tradeschool education. She is 6 years old. What is the best tax strategy vehicle for the investment. The investment will probably be in mutual funds or other diverified professionally managed stuff.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Walz Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25518 of 121331
Subject: Re: 20k to invest for grandkids education Date: 1/19/2000 6:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My in-laws contribute to the Unique College Investment Fund through Fidelity Investments. I do not know if it is a tax-saving plan, but you can contribute a big lump sum or payments. The fund invests money less aggressively as the child approaches college age. Check it out.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement