Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mazske Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 52509  
Subject: 22 games Date: 10/12/2012 12:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
The Yankees and the Orioles have played 22 times this year. They have each won 11 times. Later today, they play for the 23rd time. I really hope the Orioles can beat the Yankees.

My prediction, which can be wrong of course, is that whoever wins today's game, will go on to defeat the Tigers and will play in the World Series.

So, sometime tonight, we will know who will go on to play the Tigers. I sure hope Buck's team can pull this one out. As with most things, only time will tell.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47858 of 52509
Subject: Re: 22 games Date: 10/12/2012 12:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
will go on to defeat the Tigers and will play in the World Series.

Boo!!!! Hiss!!!

Author: mazske Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47861 of 52509
Subject: Re: 22 games Date: 10/12/2012 8:06 PM
Recommendations: 0
will go on to defeat the Tigers and will play in the World Series.

Boo!!!! Hiss!!!

Hey wolverine307,

I do think the Yankees have the potential to beat the Tigers, but I really want the Tigers to kick their butts. I'll be pulling for them. So, now the Tigers have one more fan who want them to win.

And, that foul ball sure appeared to have nicked the foul pole. If so, that would have given the Orioles a run early on in the game. Could it have made a difference?

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47862 of 52509
Subject: Re: 22 games Date: 10/12/2012 8:16 PM
I do think the Yankees have the potential to beat the Tigers

If I were a betting man, that's where I'd put my money... BUT I'D LOVE TO BE WRONG AGAIN

And, that foul ball sure appeared to have nicked the foul pole.

I didn't see a change in trajectory, but as they say in football -- indisputable visual evidence -- and I didn't see any.

Could it have made a difference?

Who knows?

I remember someone asking Sammy Baugh what would have happened if his receiver hadn't dropped a TD pass in their 73-0 loss in the 1940 NFL title game that would have tied the game at 7-7. He answered "73-7."

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement