Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dofitch1 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19025  
Subject: ?? Date: 7/25/2005 3:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The 2 posts before this one, when I clicked on them, internet explorer shut down. I've had this happen before, but only on the Fool website. Has anyone else had that problem, and if so, what did you do to fix it?? Hal
Print the post Back To Top
Author: fooldaveonce One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9956 of 19025
Subject: Re: ?? Date: 7/25/2005 8:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hasn't happened to me in more than five years with the fool. Sorry for your problems.

Fooldaveonce

Author: theHedgehog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9957 of 19025
Subject: Re: ?? Date: 7/25/2005 10:26 AM
Hal,

My whole machine was rebooting everytime I opened Firefox the other day. I'm pretty sure it was because Microsoft was in the middle of applying a rather large fix. Any chance that's what's going on?

Hedge

Author: bighairymike Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9958 of 19025
Subject: Re: ?? Date: 7/25/2005 10:44 AM
The 2 posts before this one, when I clicked on them, internet explorer shut down. I've had this happen before, but only on the Fool website. Has anyone else had that problem, and if so, what did you do to fix it?? Hal

Hal - you should try the "Help with this stupid computer board"

http://boards.fool.com/messages.asp?mid=22794035&bid=112909

Lots of smart geeks there.

Author: dofitch1 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9959 of 19025
Subject: Re: ?? Date: 7/25/2005 11:10 AM
nope, and it just did it on both the posts above this one. very frustrating. Hal

Author: rkmacdonald Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9960 of 19025
Subject: Re: ?? Date: 7/25/2005 11:26 AM
It has never done this with me.

Sounds like you may have picked up a virus. Do you check for viruses regularly? How about Spyware?

Russ

Author: dofitch1 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9965 of 19025
Subject: Re: ?? Date: 7/25/2005 9:36 PM
I can't tell which poster it is, and if it's only that one poster, because it shuts down too fast. I scan regularly for viruses and spyware, at least once a week. it really has me curious what's happening. Hal

Author: rkmacdonald Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9966 of 19025
Subject: Re: ?? Date: 7/25/2005 9:51 PM
Author: dofitch1 | Date: 7/25/05 9:36 PM | Number: 9965
I can't tell which poster it is, and if it's only that one poster, because it shuts down too fast. I scan regularly for viruses and spyware, at least once a week. it really has me curious what's happening.

Then, it sounds like your browser software has become corrupted, and the only solution may be to reinstall it.

Russ

Author: MFDnSC Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9967 of 19025
Subject: Re: ?? Date: 7/25/2005 10:16 PM
Recommendations: 2
please come to HWTSC

I'm on another PC so I don't have my proper link to HiJackThis

Author: comptche Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9974 of 19025
Subject: Re: ?? Date: 7/27/2005 5:50 AM
Hi Hal,

please come to HWTSC

Recently I had a virus and the great people at Help With This Stupid Computer did a terriffic job in putting everything back together and I learned a great deal from them while it was happening. They are so great that I almost wish I had another problem for them to solve!!! Knock on wood...I don't really mean a real problem!!!

Anne

Author: PKnudsen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9988 of 19025
Subject: Re: ?? Date: 7/30/2005 11:06 PM
Well, I use Firefox here. Tabbed browsing makes it easy to save my place in a thread and get back to it.

Only problem, if you call it one, is that I can't change fonts in replies.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement