UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756823  
Subject: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 8:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
one more tidbit and I'm out of here, I promise.

Some crazy guy is jumping out of a plane from 23 miles away....He's an Aussie, that explains it....anyway scientific exercise of course, and Red Bull has a website that you can see it live, it's happening at 857 am EDT, just a little while from now.

redbullstratos.com/live
Print the post Back To Top
Author: riprock45 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647881 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 1:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Red Bull gives you Wiiiiings!

But not brains

Rip

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647887 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 1:52 PM
He's going to die.

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647897 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 2:28 PM
cool. I want to do that.

decath

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647900 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 2:35 PM
I just checked the website and it was cancelled due to gusty winds....

oh pshaw, what's a few gusts of wind to a real man? :)

hehehe....

LD eating shrimp as I type yummmY!

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647905 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 2:43 PM
You do realize, LD, that shrimp is just an aquatic cockroach.

Cockroaches of the sea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockroaches_of_the_sea

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647917 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 3:23 PM

Cockroaches of the sea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockroaches_of_the_sea - catherine

I love to eat shrimp. Yum! I like pretty much every critter that comes from the ocean. I even like clams, oysters, and mussels.

Art

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647933 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 5:42 PM

Cockroaches of the sea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockroaches_of_the_sea

cc

>>>>>>>

you do realize that I only eat fully cooked meat and fish. :)

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647934 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 5:44 PM
you make it sound like I'm eating dung off the ocean floor cc.

can i just enjoy my meal? :)

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647938 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 6:31 PM
LD wrote: you do realize that I only eat fully cooked meat and fish. :)

I was funnin' ya. Do you eat fully cooked land cockroaches as well? ;-)

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647941 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 7:06 PM

You're missing some good flavor there. Medium-rare is much better for red meat and red fish.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647947 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 7:58 PM

You're missing some good flavor there. Medium-rare is much better for red meat and red fish.
warrl

>>>>>>>>>

only rarely...if it's a good steakhouse, I may have a filet mignon cooked medium well. Fish...no. I've had sushi before but not something I go lusting after.

Years ago, I read a book by a doctor up in New York. He dealt with parasites. It's a real good read, he made it very entertaining talking about the things he pulled out of patients.

Make Mine Well Done :)

LuckyDog

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647948 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 8:10 PM
LD, can you remember the name of the book? I have a friend whose daughter is debilitated by what a doctor thinks is parasites but hasn't been able to identify which one(s). Even if she had to fly to a doctor who really knows his parasites, it might be worth it.

Author: NevadaGolfer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647955 of 756823
Subject: Re: 23 mile jump Date: 10/9/2012 8:24 PM
Two things.

Joe Kittinger holds the current record of 102,000 feet made in 1960. His equipment looked rather sparse compared to what this Red Bull guy is going to use. Kittinger has met with and supports this guy's jump attempt btw. http://www.damninteresting.com/free-fall-from-near-space/

Man dies after winning live roach eating contest. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/09/man-dies-after-live-roa...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement