Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: philkessel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 96339  
Subject: 25 man roster Date: 8/5/2012 9:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I posted in a thread in the Major League Baseball forum that
Hinky Haines is the only player to win a championship in both the MLB and the NFL...

he was on the 1923 NY Yankees(MLB) and the 1927 NY Giants (NFL)...

I went to look the NY Football Giants 1927 roster see if this guy won the championships with two of the greatest athelete's that ever lived, Babe Ruth and Jim Thorp...

I knew that Jim Thorp played one year with he NY Giants but it was actually 1925...

while checking the 1927 roster looking for his name, I noticed they only had a 25 man roster...

I know the players today are W-A-Y bigger and faster but a 25 man roster with the equipment they wore 85 years ago doesn't seem possible...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92242 of 96339
Subject: Re: 25 man roster Date: 8/5/2012 10:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
They played both ways with limited substitution. It wasn't until 1950 that free substitution was allowed.

Author: bdluckyshot Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92244 of 96339
Subject: Re: 25 man roster Date: 8/5/2012 11:21 AM
Recommendations: 1
Which is about the same time that the Lions stopped winning championships.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92247 of 96339
Subject: Re: 25 man roster Date: 8/5/2012 9:54 PM
Recommendations: 3
I'm almost postivie the Rams only used 25 players last season.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement