Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: philkessel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 96608  
Subject: 25 man roster Date: 8/5/2012 9:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I posted in a thread in the Major League Baseball forum that
Hinky Haines is the only player to win a championship in both the MLB and the NFL...

he was on the 1923 NY Yankees(MLB) and the 1927 NY Giants (NFL)...

I went to look the NY Football Giants 1927 roster see if this guy won the championships with two of the greatest athelete's that ever lived, Babe Ruth and Jim Thorp...

I knew that Jim Thorp played one year with he NY Giants but it was actually 1925...

while checking the 1927 roster looking for his name, I noticed they only had a 25 man roster...

I know the players today are W-A-Y bigger and faster but a 25 man roster with the equipment they wore 85 years ago doesn't seem possible...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92242 of 96608
Subject: Re: 25 man roster Date: 8/5/2012 10:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
They played both ways with limited substitution. It wasn't until 1950 that free substitution was allowed.

Author: bdluckyshot Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92244 of 96608
Subject: Re: 25 man roster Date: 8/5/2012 11:21 AM
Recommendations: 1
Which is about the same time that the Lions stopped winning championships.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92247 of 96608
Subject: Re: 25 man roster Date: 8/5/2012 9:54 PM
Recommendations: 3
I'm almost postivie the Rams only used 25 players last season.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement