No. of Recommendations: 1
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TRAVEL/DESTINATIONS/04/17/washington.dc/index.html

Who says a learning vacation can't be fun? Maybe the kids griped when you suggested heading to the nation's capital rather than the beach this spring (they were studying American history this year, after all). But that was before they knew how much fun they could have. Washington, D.C., is a lot more than boring monuments and stuffy museums. In fact, Washington may provide just the right blend of hands-on museum activities, outdoor fun, hip shopping and kid-friendly restaurants and hotels.

Well, one of my favorites for the kids when they were growing up is closed, but opening again in 2009. I hope the new National Children's Museum is as special as its predecessor (which was GREAT but not in a great neighborhood). I was going to recommend it:

http://www.ccm.org/

Also, depending on ages and time you should see the aircraft museum at Dulles (BIG planes) and maybe save time for a Nationals or Orioles game.

Also, depends on age, but lots of fun to have the kids do reports and then see where people lived. DS did a report on Admiral Farragut and then we found his house. Lots of books on the homes of famous people.

Also do stories on the statues in the various parks. Easiest is Lafayette Park, which is also in the middle of everything.

Great time!

Hockeypop

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement