No. of Recommendations: 0
2DoubtFool,
<<I am thinking I would open Roth IRA account(s) using a separate discount broker (different from
the non ira account discount broker). This is so that I could get a good deal on IRA a/c from a
broker that do not have other good services that I am looking for. Is this unFoolish to do?>>

You have to decide. Go for whatever services and value meet your needs at the price offered. My choice is Waterhouse for everything -- IRAs and after-tax funds.

<<Also, do I have to open a separate Roth a/c for my spouse or could I put all $4000 in one Roth a/c
itself every year?>>

The "IRA" in "Roth IRA" stands for "individual retirement account". Can't have two individuals in the same account, as I understand it.

bob
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement