Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The Vesuvius Stout is wonderful at 2 weeks bottled (at one week was great). The first batch was good; this one I'd buy at the store. Looks, smells and tastes great and has an earned name to boot! I'm probably going to enter it in a homebrew contest in a couple weeks. Mostly for feedback and for a free ticket to the VIP craft beer party while the judging commences (and to meet some other brewers too). Probably not on target for the Irish Dry Stout category but it costs nothing to enter.

As far as brewing goes, I'm anxious to try my first all grain batch. I bought a second hand mash/lauter tun (cooler), a converted keg brew kettle and burner. I'll probably do a brown ale (coincidentally, the "suggested" recipe for all grain in Palmer's book is a brown ale so that's handy). I also want to try a barley wine and fruit wheat in the near future. May have to get a keg system.... have more desire to brew than storage/consumption capacity!

FoolNBlue
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement