Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
How about a good fund to get invested in the emerging 3D printing industry. Any known funds holding these stocks or concentrating in this industry?
Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I believe that would be too much of a narrow focus for a fund to specialize in. Besides, companies that are involved for the most part have it as a relatively small portion of their overall product line from a corporate standpoint.
3D printing is a very small part of a very large field and it's likely to stay a relatively small part. Even if a fund focused on manufacturing, 3D printing would be a speck in its portfolio. If 3D printing is your interest and you think it's a place to invest you should look for a company instead of a mutual fund.

KennyO
No. of Recommendations: 2
There are really only 2 players in the exciting 3D printing business (3D, DDD and Stratasys, SSYS) so there probably aren't any funds concentrating on the sector -- yet.

I've bought and sold 200 shares of DDD several times this year, making about $3500 in profits overall. I'm long the stock now and expect to keep it in my portfolio for the foreseeable future (not necessarily the same shares, because I will probably keep selling on the upswings and buying on the dips). For whatever my opinion is worth!

Good luck-

Ms C
I'll add that 3D printing has lots of applications in foundry, i.e. patternmaking. There's a Jay Leno video showing an imager/printer that let him make a cast valve part for his White steam car. I've lost the link but a search should reveal it.

KennyO
Advertisement