Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (28) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: catfyre Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 57353  
Subject: ? Date: 1/26/2013 8:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Cigareets and whiskey and wild-wild wimmin,
They'll drive ya crazy, they'll drive ya insayne..

Cigareets are missin' and so are the wimmin,
But we're all 'delighted' the smoke's on the wayne.

xxx
cat
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jackjg1947 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56719 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/26/2013 9:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Cat,

Your poetry brings a tear to my eye.

Hang in there. Maybe dinner out and a movie would help.

Jack G

Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56720 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/26/2013 10:06 PM
Ah Cat, it's been too quiet here lately. Thanks for breaking the silence.

How is everyone doing? It's still between 70 and 80 degrees here in south Florida. What could be better?

Hugs to everyone.

Verna

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56721 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/26/2013 10:34 PM
Recommendations: 3
Where are all the wild men to go with those wimmin?

Thanks Cat. Hugs to all.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday season. I am so ready for a bit of ordinary day to day living.

Author: ekavana186 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56722 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/27/2013 11:42 AM
Jack,

Are you inviting Cat to dinner? What would Mrs. CrankyPants say?

Ed

Author: jackjg1947 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56723 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/28/2013 8:07 AM
Ed,

We'd better keep this just between us and the people on the internet.

JG

Author: ehore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56724 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/28/2013 10:06 AM
We'd better keep this just between us and the people on the internet.

Hey, don't you be plotting anything without me! I heard someone call for Wild Men so here I am.

Author: ehore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56725 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/28/2013 1:51 PM
Yesterday we had freezing drizzle here in St. Louis, today it's 65 heading for 70. Dang weather woke me from my hibernation. Belated congratulations on all the accomplishments I missed like Ed, Lumpy, Joan, et al. It's probably because it's been so long that I've forgotten that I was a smoker and that I quit! (Or it may be advancing age)

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56726 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/28/2013 2:50 PM
Recommendations: 1
You know you have become a non-smoker when you forget you ever did - age has nothing to do with it.

Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56727 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/30/2013 9:20 PM
Recommendations: 2
Hi Elliot. Where have you been? Haven't heard from you in a while.

Stick around. Big doings coming on Monday. It's your 12th anniversary.

Start thinking of some great place in the world to throw a super party!

Hugs.

Verna

Author: ehore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56728 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/31/2013 2:34 PM
It's your 12th anniversary.

Actually it will be the 13th. There are three things that I will never forget because they are crucial to my staying alive: Debbie's Birthday, Our Anniversary, and when I quit smoking in that order! Other than my memory Debbie and I are doing just fine. I am feeling broke but for good reason. Now that I am no longer paying five thirds of my income paying for cigarettes, for Christmas I paid off Debbie's auto loan and 2 weeks ago I paid off our mortgage. Now I no longer have to worry whether I forgot to make the payments! In the meantime I have too much time on my hands for TV and watching the world go to hell in a handbag. I think I'm ready to get away from it all. How about the Cook Islands: https://www.google.com/search?q=cook+islands&hl=en&c...

Author: ehore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56729 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/31/2013 4:22 PM
Oh, and to ensure that everyone has a great time I've arranged for cocktails on arrival: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O6q5P1TCkc

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56730 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/31/2013 5:20 PM
Cook Islands, here I come. I'll have the QS rubber dinghy out full of hot air in no time. I should be there by Monday...

You know, I actually remember some of those commercials - drats! Maybe I'll find some of Lucy's version.

Author: ekavana186 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56731 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/31/2013 7:25 PM
Jack,

Fire up the Yugo I'll pack the pontoons we need to get to the Cook islands. At least that's what I think he said, maybe he was going to cook some I-talian for us... Who cares? We get to celebrate with Elliot and the TMFQS gang.

Ed

BTW, congrats Elliot

Author: jackjg1947 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56732 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 1/31/2013 7:55 PM
maybe he was going to cook some I-talian for us

Ed, I was thinking along the same lines that maybe Elliott thought the islands were named for an activity rather than a person. If you can't locate the pontoons I have many empty 55gal. oil drums that should work. The cyber Yugo with the full body flame paint job and the swarm-of-bees muffler is a self made diesel that can tolerate some gasoline. Quite advanced for its time.

Elliott -ready to Cook? All the smoke will be from the BBQ once the car is put out and Ed regains consciousness.
Good job on the not smoking, by the way. Keep doing that.

Jack G

Author: catfyre Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56733 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/1/2013 2:00 AM
maybe he was going to cook some I-talian for us

If you don't want to wait for hours cooking an Italian, I understand they're pretty good smoked.

See you in the Islands, El and CANGRATURONIES!!!!!

cat

Author: Blackduff Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56734 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/1/2013 7:14 AM
Congrats Elliot
I'm trying to find where this will be located but anything called "Cooky", I'll be certain I can find someplace like this. Are there a lot of chefs there????

See you soon,

Blackduff

Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56735 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/4/2013 9:09 PM
It is so beautiful here on the beach! The sun is just starting to set, the water is a beautiful shade of blue, and a band is starting to play sweet Polynesian songs. I say we start a bonfire here on the beach and gather around it for the awards ceremony.

Elliot, please step over here by the fire (not too close). Allow me to present you with this beautiful gold loving cup, covered in diamonds, with the number thirteen spelled out in rubies and emeralds.

Those jewels sparkle like your teeth. I know that sounds strange, but you have the whitest teeth I have ever seen! They really do sparkle!

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S Elliot. Thank you for sticking around. A lot of people have dropped off the board, but you have always been here, posting regularly, joking around, trading barbs with Jack and Ed. Thanks for the loyalty and the humor.

Hugs.

Verna

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56736 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/4/2013 9:54 PM
Congratulations! This is a case of 13 being a lucky number.

This really is a great place and that bonfire is nice.

Author: ehore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56737 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/5/2013 12:34 AM
I just want to thank you all. It's easy now but it was the help of everyone here when it was hard that made it easy! The little heart attack last March was a wake-up call but instead of a wakie-wakie now, it might have been nightie-nightie years ago if I hadn't quit smoking! Before I decided on the Cook Islands, I had thought about going to Colorado and celebrating with a Pot Party. Then I realized that I don't smoke anymore and Doc's got me on a low-fat, low cholesterol diet ruling out the brownies, so here we are on a great beach! We'll enjoy a kaikai of umukai cooked in an umu.

Author: Blackduff Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56738 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/5/2013 12:56 AM
elliot
I know now why this is called the Cooks Island. It's full of beautiful cookies. I guess that there's not too much delivery of girls clothes but I'm not complaining.

Being serious for a moment, my doctor in Sweden told me that there's "No Small Heart Attack". She is a beautiful woman and gave me a good idea of what has happened. I've had quite a few other doctors about my heart but one thing I remember from one of them. Each heart attack kills some cells in your heart. You have to keep your existing cells by following what the docs say. If not, the cells will continue to erode in your heart. This thought alone is enough to keep me from smoking again.

And another congrats for the 13 years away from the weed.

Blackduff

Author: ekavana186 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56739 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/5/2013 6:36 AM
We'll enjoy a kaikai of umukai cooked in an umu.

Stop mumbling. Tell us what we eating! Jack wants to know where the Buffalo Wings are located. It is so nice to see everyone here,

Keep up the good work elliot.

Ed

Author: CoffeeladyinFL Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56740 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/6/2013 8:12 PM
Congrats Elliot!!!

Linda

Author: shelley511 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56741 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/9/2013 11:00 PM
Boy am I late to this party.

Sorry-we were in California visiting our kids and I was computerless ( in Silicon Valley, no less).

Congratulations Elliot on your anniversary and great choice of location for a party.

Shelley

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56742 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/10/2013 12:30 AM
Better late than not here at all.

Silicon Valley is about 70 miles from me. Wish I had known you would be out this way.

Author: shelley511 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56743 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/10/2013 12:16 PM
Next time we are out there I will let you know. We go to Palo Alto.

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56744 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/10/2013 3:22 PM
I'm near Concord - and Palo Alto is down the road but still within easy driving distance. Provided it's not commute times...

Author: sellers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56745 of 57353
Subject: Re: ? Date: 2/11/2013 8:52 AM
Congratulations on 13 years!! Your party choice is terrific! Start the music!!!

Joan

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (28) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement