Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dvena Big red star, 1000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Green Captain Most Active, Foolanthropy 2013 Winner of the 2009 Rule Breakers Challenge SN Olympia3 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 320  
Subject: 3D Printing Changing the World Date: 6/19/2012 12:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hi Fellow Fools,

Since 3D printing has it's own board now, I thought I would start it off with a bang.

I think 3D printing is changing the world. Here's why:

Don’t believe it? There have been any number of news items about 3D printing. In an article in The Atlantic, Hugh Evans, a VP at T. Rowe Price (who covers venture capital as a view into the future) exclaims 3D printing is right up there as one of the most exciting innovations I've seen in 20 years. The Economist proclaims Three-dimensional printing from digital designs will transform manufacturing. Chris Anderson, widely known for The Long Tail theory, states in a Wired article that he believes that 3D printing will be the next industrial revolution, and that 3D printing will compete with mass manufacturing in many areas. The Smithsonian is creating 3D printed models of some its 137 million items collection. 3D printed glasses are Fashion Week's hottest accessory. 3-D printer with nano-precision sets world record. Print your own car (or bicycle).

http://beta.fool.com/dvena/2012/06/14/3d-printing-changing-w...

There are links in the blog to each of the news items listed above, as well as discussion about DDD and SSYS.

Danny
MELI Ticker Guide
ATW Ticker Guide
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement