Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: marsuculix One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 659  
Subject: 3Q2012 report - my take Date: 11/12/2012 4:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
hi fellow Fools,
Exelixis reported earnings last Wednesday:
Here is Seeking Alpha’s transcript of the conference call - thanks!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/989151-exelixis-ceo-discusse...

3Q12 Revenues: $13.3 million
3Q12 Operating expenses: $38.7
3Q12 GAAP loss: $32.8 million ($0.20/share)
3Q12 Cash Flow From Operations: ($34 million) this signifies an outflow!
Cash and investments: $674.7 million or roughly $4.06/share - roughly 87% of Fridays stock price.
2012 Guidance:
- Revenues are still expected to be $40-60 million for the year
- Operating expenses have been reduced to the $160-180 million range from $190-220 million.
- Exelixis expects to end the year with at least $600 million in cash and equivalents since equity and debt offerings are complete.

Clinical development plan:
I came to the conclusion that Exelixis' management team is not very shareholder friendly - numbers and time-lines are rather overestimated while management does usually deliver less than promised.
First of all I still hope that the PDUFA decision for cabo in MTC on 29th of November will be positive!
BUT: The COMET trials, especially COMET-1, will be extremely determining Exelixis’ future.

Collaboration with Roche/Genentech:
This partnership in the combo trial zelboraf & GDC-0973 is key. Roche is the ideal partner as this company is experienced and committed in the disease area and on top of this Roche' management IS focused and IS delivering (this is my impression after I talked to some Roche insiders...).
Study initiation/enrollment will be before the end of the year, I expect a very quick recruitment given Roche's experience and presence; top-line result are expected to be communicated in 4q 2014 (may be a bit earlier - at ESMO 2014?); Roche seems to be excited about GDC-0973 and highly committed to launch this medication in 2015 (first half?).

Questions:
1) What will exactly be the role of Exelixis marketing GDC-0973? What will be the costs to be paid by Exelixis?
2) Does this launch negatively influence the company's ability to drive cabo into the market?
3) Does Exelixis have a high quality sales force recruited, trained and ready to strike at the beginning of 2015? (Such a task absorbs a lot of money!) Will Exelixis again be forced to raise money at that time?
4) How would Roche/Genentech react when this sales force will be lacking performance? (I think this is a major concern of Roche...)
5) Is Exelixis' sales force able to co-promote GDC-0973 and simultaneously perform premarketing activities for cabo? How will this "cohabitation" go on?

To make it short, for me as a long-term investor in EXEL, these important questions have to be answered better sooner than later!

Fool on, marsuculix (still long and strong EXEL)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement