UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 749524  
Subject: 400% of FPL Date: 11/7/2012 7:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Comrades, it's a glorious morning. PPACA appears to have survived. I went to be last night as a citizen and woke up this morning as as a subject.

Going to be a lot of folks who get their own health insurance trying to keep their income below this level in 2014 and afterwards.

http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/7962-02.pdf

Mike
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 653544 of 749524
Subject: Re: 400% of FPL Date: 11/7/2012 8:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Going to be a lot of folks who get their own health insurance trying to keep their income below this level in 2014 and afterwards.

Nah, just gonna pay the fine & sign up for the health insurance in the ambulance on the way to the ER.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/19/news/economy/healthcare-law-...
In 2014, the penalty will be no more than $285 per family, or 1% of income, whichever is greater. In 2015, the cap rises to $975, or 2% of income. And by 2016, it reaches $2,085 per family, or 2.5% of income, whichever is greater.

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 653548 of 749524
Subject: Re: 400% of FPL Date: 11/7/2012 8:12 AM
Nah, just gonna pay the fine & sign up for the health insurance in the ambulance on the way to the ER.

tjscott0

Good one! LOL

Just make sure you're conscious and able to use one arm so you can sign the forms (better yet, have the forms filled out in advance).

Mike

Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 653554 of 749524
Subject: Re: 400% of FPL Date: 11/7/2012 8:28 AM
Recommendations: 1
Just make sure you're conscious and able to use one arm so you can sign the forms (better yet, have the forms filled out in advance).

Mike

D*mn it Mike! You always find the fly in the ointment.<g>

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 653558 of 749524
Subject: Re: 400% of FPL Date: 11/7/2012 8:34 AM
*mn it Mike! You always find the fly in the ointment.<g>

tjscott)</i?

I am an engineer. <g>

Mike

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654028 of 749524
Subject: Re: 400% of FPL Date: 11/9/2012 1:32 AM

http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/7962-02.pdf

Mike

I think most folks can live quite decently on less than 400% of FPL as long as they're frugal and don't live in a high-cost area. I bet most of the RE folks on this board would do fine on that, in any case.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654035 of 749524
Subject: Re: 400% of FPL Date: 11/9/2012 2:13 AM
I think most folks can live quite decently on less than 400% of FPL as long as they're frugal and don't live in a high-cost area.

For a couple, it's $60,520. That would make you a one-percenter where Art lives, while it would barely get you a decent apartment in NYC.

--fleg

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654071 of 749524
Subject: Re: 400% of FPL Date: 11/9/2012 9:14 AM
"For a couple, it's $60,520. That would make you a one-percenter where Art lives, while it would barely get you a decent apartment in NYC." --fleg

$60,000/year in Knoxville, Tennessee is a good life and Knoxville, Tennessee is a very good place to live. A lot better than some of the places I've seen listed as best places to retire.

Artie

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement