Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am claiming my daughter every other year as a dependent since I have only half of the custody. I claimed my daughter for tax year 2002 and my ex-husband will claim her for the tax year of 2003. Few months ago I received
$400 from IRS for child crdet. Is this 400 for the tax year 2003? I deposited the check, and later wrote a check to my ex-husband for the amount of $400, but his accountant told him to return it to me. I am confused. Is this 400 belong to me? if not, how can I do my income tax return for the year of 2003 to return the money to IRS? Any advise will be greatfully appreciated.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.