UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dmcovo3784 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76420  
Subject: 401 vs IRA contributions Date: 12/9/2001 8:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My wife just started a job with a 401k plan. Must we stop our Roth IRA contributions if we choose to contribute in the 401k with matching?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: WPatch Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32785 of 76420
Subject: Re: 401 vs IRA contributions Date: 12/9/2001 8:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
My wife just started a job with a 401k plan. Must we stop our Roth IRA contributions if we choose to contribute in the 401k with matching?

Participating in a retirement plan is not a factor in determining whether you are eligible to contribute to a Roth. If you have enough earned income, file jointly, and have a modified AGI of less than $150,000, you may make your full contribution limit.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement