UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: GEMHUS Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75838  
Subject: 401K Date: 2/13/2002 6:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My company was acquired and I need to move 401K funds either to a self-directed IRA or to the new company's 401K plan. How can I compare the fees associated with these...the broker on the self-directed IRA has quoted asset management fees of .94% to 1.29% plus a 1% wrap. I want to obviously keep as much of my money as I can.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jrr7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33768 of 75838
Subject: Re: 401K Date: 2/13/2002 10:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Your new company's benefits director should be able to give you the details of the new company's 401(k) plan, including what the fees and annual expenses are. I don't have high hopes.

If you decide to "roll over" your existing 401(k) funds to a self-directed IRA, you are not required to go with that particular broker. In fact, you can open your IRA at any broker or mutual fund company. There are plenty of them with lower fees than this other broker wants to charge you.

I recommend Vanguard. They have quite a good selection of funds, including some very well run index funds. And all of their fees are low, as long as you have at least $5000 per fund.

Author: rkmacdonald Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33769 of 75838
Subject: Re: 401K Date: 2/13/2002 11:14 PM
I recommend Vanguard. They have quite a good selection of funds, including some very well run index funds. And all of their fees are low, as long as you have at least $5000 per fund.

I second that!!

RK

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement