Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2112yyz Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 120815  
Subject: 401k & 403b Date: 4/6/1998 7:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is it possilbe to have these two types of investments running at the same time. I have two jobs. One i have the 401k. The other just sent me info to set up a 403b. If I qualify for the 403b as far as my employer is concerned, is it ok for me to set it up, since I also have the 401k. Put it this way can I contribute to two pre-taxed retirement plans working at the same time. Thank you
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3325 of 120815
Subject: Re: 401k & 403b Date: 4/8/1998 9:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
[[Is it possilbe to have these two types of investments running at the same time. I have two jobs. One
i have the 401k. The other just sent me info to set up a 403b. If I qualify for the 403b as far as my
employer is concerned, is it ok for me to set it up, since I also have the 401k. Put it this way can I
contribute to two pre-taxed retirement plans working at the same time. Thank you]]

While there are current restrictions on combined defined benefit/defined contribution plans (at least until year 2000), I don't believe that there are any restrictions on this type of deferral, other than the $9500 annual deferral limitation.

You might want to check with TMF Pixy in the "retirement investing" folder for some insight on this specific issue.

TMF Taxes
Roy

Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3326 of 120815
Subject: Re: 401k & 403b Date: 4/8/1998 9:35 AM
[[Is it possilbe to have these two types of investments running at the same time. I have two jobs. One
i have the 401k. The other just sent me info to set up a 403b. If I qualify for the 403b as far as my
employer is concerned, is it ok for me to set it up, since I also have the 401k. Put it this way can I
contribute to two pre-taxed retirement plans working at the same time. Thank you]]

While there are current restrictions on combined defined benefit/defined contribution plans (at least until year 2000), I don't believe that there are any restrictions on this type of deferral, other than the $9500 annual deferral limitation.

You might want to check with TMF Pixy in the "retirement investing" folder for some insight on this specific issue.

TMF Taxes
Roy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement