UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JediMasterChris Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76392  
Subject: 401k Assest Allocation! Date: 1/14/2001 10:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi,
First time post ... I have the option between two index funds: Vanguard S&P 500 and a Nasdaq-100 index. I was wondering what would be the best split: 60/40 ? The timeline is long(age: 23). Thanks,
Christopher
Print the post Back To Top
Author: memupp Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27178 of 76392
Subject: Re: 401k Assest Allocation! Date: 1/14/2001 1:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
JediChris,

Vanguard's website has a very good assett allocation calculator. Other financial websites have them as well, I'm sure.

http://majestic.vanguard.com/GUIDE/DA

Author: ElSupremo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27183 of 76392
Subject: Re: 401k Assest Allocation! Date: 1/14/2001 2:48 PM
Recommendations: 3
Greetings JediMasterChris,
First time post ... I have the option between two index funds: Vanguard S&P 500 and a Nasdaq-100 index. I was wondering what would be the best split: 60/40 ? The timeline is long(age: 23).

How about VFINX 100%, Nasdaq 100 0%? Just kidding(more or less). Hop over to the index funds board and read the FAQ. Perhaps post your question over there as well.

You're not a Jedi yet;-)

ES

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement