Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: roscoep One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121567  
Subject: 401k Lump Sum Date: 3/31/2000 12:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A simple question, but I can't find this in the FAQs.

If you begin a 401k mid-year, and you don't contribute the total allowed 401k amount through payroll deductions, can you add a lump sum? If so, when is the deadline?

Thanks,

Roscoep
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33132 of 121567
Subject: Re: 401k Lump Sum Date: 3/31/2000 2:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<< If you begin a 401k mid-year, and you don't contribute the total allowed 401k amount through payroll deductions, can you add a lump sum? If so, when is the deadline? >>

Off the top of my head, I don't know whether tax law allows this or not. Even if it does, your plan may not. The first place to check is with your plan administrator.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement