Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: xSixSigmaMBB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25265  
Subject: 401(k) Milestone Date: 11/13/2006 10:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, for the first time ever, I have met the annual limit of 401(k) contributions allowed. Kind of cool and I'll be able to send the earmarked funds not being sent to my 401(k) to help snowball against the last credit card with any sort of a balance on it...

Based on my estimates, we'll be out of debt except for the mortgage by this time next year and we will be able to really sock some money away every paycheck.

The question I have however is around "what else"... What else should I be considering and would love to hear your ideas. I have enough to open a small brokerage account, but need some ideas.

Our retirement looks like this so far:

My 401(k) - Currently just over $100k
DW's State Teacher retirement - not very big

xSixSigmaMBB
Print the post Back To Top
Author: xSixSigmaMBB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21205 of 25265
Subject: Re: 401(k) Milestone Date: 11/13/2006 11:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Forgot to mention, after this year (2006), I don't believe that I am eligible to contribute to an IRA and receive the tax benefits based on my AGI.

xSSMBB

Author: whyohwhyoh Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21206 of 25265
Subject: Re: 401(k) Milestone Date: 11/13/2006 11:45 PM
Opening a brokerage account sounds like a good idea. Maybe start by purchasing some VV.

Why the x6σ?

--
whyohwhyoh

Maxing 401k since 2000.

Author: xSixSigmaMBB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21207 of 25265
Subject: Re: 401(k) Milestone Date: 11/13/2006 11:50 PM
Not my primary job responsibility any more... :-D

Still have the headstone to prove however that I did all the work, passed the test, and could likely teach the subject.

x6σMBB

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement