No. of Recommendations: 1

I have a question that seem very simple, but can't seem to find and answer to. Also, my account gave me some information, but I'm wondering if he understood what I was asking.

Currently I am employed as a contractor through a placement agency. However since my rates are very high (software engineer) I don't qualify for their 401k plan (they rate me in a special category - who knows). Now every year I open a IRA(Roth), but I wonder if their is a self-employed replacement for 401k. Last year my accountant had me open a IRA-SEP, but this year he said I can have either the traditional IRA or the IRA-SEP. Is this correct. Or is there a self employed 401k? (say the 403?).

If anyone knows the answer can you post a response or idea where I could look up the information myself.

Thanks in advance.

Jeb Seibel
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.