Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I left my previous place of employment with approx. $80,000 in my minnesota mutual plan and am now self-employed as partner in a LLC. My 401(k)is divided in to Advantus Cap. Mgmt, Janus 20, Fidelity Contra, and Templeton Foreign. I have a Roth Vanguard Index, and a non-IRA with American 20th Ultra. My questions are as follows:

1) Where do I go with my 401(k) rollover w/o incurring any penalties. Do I go directly to a Vanguard Index (for instance) with it all, could they allocate it if I choose? What are my options?

2) Is my best bet now to open a SEP-IRA for myself? I never thought I'd say this but I need something to bring my income down and redirect these funds essentially replacing my 401(k).

Suggestions/answers would be much appreciated!

John
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement