Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife left her work in December of '07 and never got around to rolling over her 401k to her IRA account. The check was just issued in her name from the 401k company, it is dated July 21st, 2008. Witholding was taking out for both MA and the IRS.

Can we still rollover the funds from the check and get back the withholding was taken out?

And if not, will there be more fees atop what was already taken out? The amount before taxes is small, only 600 dollars.

Thanks for any help,
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.