No. of Recommendations: 0
Having left my former employer, I have decided to move the 401(k) funds I have into an IRA with another (hopefully better :))investment fund. Do I have to deal with a broker for this? Can I deal directly with the fund? I don't plan on rolling over the funds for at least another year so I don't think I need a lot of services.

Also can I split the 401(k) funds between two or more different investment funds (e.g. a Vangard and Janus fund)when I rollover the plan funds into an IRA?

Thanks for your help with my probably pretty foolish questions.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.